SBR activated sludge wastewater treatment technology
Source：Jiangsu Envset Time:09 July 2021
SBR is the abbreviation of Sequencing Batch Reactor Activated Sludge Process. It is an activated sludge wastewater treatment technology that operates by intermittent aeration, also known as the Sequencing Batch Activated Sludge Process.
Different from the traditional sewage treatment process, SBR technology adopts the time division operation mode to replace the space division operation mode, the unstable biochemical reaction replaces the steady state biochemical reaction, and the static ideal precipitation replaces the traditional dynamic precipitation. Its main feature is orderly and intermittent operation in operation. The core of SBR technology is the SBR reaction tank, which integrates the functions of homogenization, primary sedimentation, biodegradation, and secondary sedimentation into one tank without a sludge return system.
1. The ideal push-flow process increases the driving force of the biochemical reaction and improves the efficiency. The anaerobic and aerobic conditions in the pool are alternated, and the purification effect is good.
2. The operation effect is stable, the sewage is deposited in an ideal static state, it takes a short time, high efficiency, and good water quality.
3. Resistant to impact load, there is retained treated water in the pool, which has a diluting and buffering effect on sewage, and effectively resists the impact of water volume and organic dirt.
4. Each process in the process can be adjusted according to the water quality and quantity, and the operation is flexible.
5. Less processing equipment, simple structure, easy operation and maintenance management.
6. There is a concentration gradient of DO and BOD5 in the reaction tank, which can effectively control the expansion of activated sludge.
7. The SBR method system itself is also suitable for the combined construction method, which is conducive to the expansion and transformation of the wastewater treatment plant.
8. Denitrification and phosphorus removal, proper control of the operation mode, to achieve alternate aerobic, anoxic, and anaerobic states, and has a good nitrogen and phosphorus removal effect.
9. The process flow is simple and the cost is low. The main equipment has only one batch type batch reactor, no secondary sedimentation tank, sludge return system, adjustment tank, primary sedimentation tank can also be omitted, compact layout, less floor space.
1. High requirements for automation control.
2. The drainage time is short (during intermittent drainage), and the sedimentation sludge layer is required not to be disturbed during drainage, so special drainage equipment (decanter) is required, and the requirements for decanter are very high.
3. Large requirements for post-processing equipment: If the disinfection equipment is large, the volume of the contact pool is also large, and the drainage facilities such as drainage pipes are also large.
4. The decanting depth is generally 1~2m, this part of the head loss is wasted, increasing the total head.
5. Since there is no initial settling tank, scum is easy to produce, and the scum problem has not been properly resolved.
Tag: activated sludge wastewater treatment technology, transformation of the wastewater treatment plant