Basic knowledge of sewage treatment
Source： Time:18 August 2020
To better perform sewage treatment, you need to understand basic knowledge about sewage treatment.
1. Sewage treatment: refers to the physical, chemical and biological treatment of pollutants contained in sewage in order to separate, remove, recycle or convert them into harmless substances in order to discharge the sewage into water bodies or reuse water quality requirements , And then purify the water.
2. Anaerobic fermentation: In the biological solution of wastewater, there is no dissolved oxygen or nitrate nitrogen in the natural environment. Dissolved oxygen is below 0.2mg/L.
3. Hypoxia: In the biological treatment of sewage, there is insufficient dissolved oxygen or no dissolved oxygen but nitrate nitrogen. Dissolved oxygen is about 0.2-0.5mg/L.
4. Aerobic: Biological treatment of sewage, dissolved oxygen or sodium cyanide nitrogen. Dissolved oxygen is above 2.0mg/L.
5. Aeration: The purpose is to obtain sufficient dissolved oxygen when only oxygen in the air is forced to flow into the liquid. In addition, aeration also has the function of preventing the sedimentation of suspended solids and strengthening the contact of organic matter and microorganisms with dissolved oxygen in the pool to ensure that the microorganisms in the pool have sufficient dissolved oxygen and the oxidation and decomposition of organic matter in the sewage.
6. Activated sludge method: a sludge-like inclined plate sedimentation tank produced by various organisms such as pathogens, pathogens, protozoa and metazoa, and inorganic compounds such as metal sulfides and metal materials. It has excellent suction, inclined plate sedimentation tank, biological air oxidation and biological generation performance.
Activated sludge process; wastewater treatment method, using activated sludge coagulation, adsorption, oxidation, decomposition and precipitation to remove organic pollutants in sewage.
7. Biofilm method: The biofilm is used to touch the biofilm on the surface of the support frame to dissolve or convert organic chemical air pollutants from the wastewater.
8. Air float: Air float is a way to achieve solid-liquid separation by using in water or generating a large number of micro-bubbles. They are connected with suspended particles, resulting in lower density than water. The way to generate microbubbles is aeration and dissolved gas.
9. Coagulation: The purpose of coagulation depends on the application of adding certain drugs (coagulants or coagulants) to the water, so that the colloidal particles that cannot be precipitated in the water can polymerize with each other and grow to a level that can naturally precipitate. This method is called coagulation precipitation.
10. Filtration: In the water treatment process, filtration usually refers to a process that uses a granular filler layer such as quartz sand to intercept suspended substances in the water to make the water clarified. The key role of filtration is to remove suspended or colloidal substances in the water, especially to remove smiling particles and germs that cannot be removed by sedimentation technology. It also has a meaningful removal effect on COD and BOD.
11. Sedimentation: the process of using the difference between the density of suspended matter and water, and gravity sedimentation to remove suspended matter in water.
Envset provides professional sewage treatment equipment and has a wealth of sewage treatment knowledge. If you want to know more about sewage treatment, please contact us.
Tag: knowledge of sewage treatment